Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us:
- Contact details, such as your business name, first and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Third parties, such as data brokers or business partners.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our websites and services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
The tools we may use for automatic data collection include:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for:
Marketing, sales and contracting, including to engage with potential customers and vendors, negotiate and enter into agreement, and maintain relationships with our customers. We may also use the information for direct marketing by email and other means.
Service delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate and improve our services and our business;
- Communicate with you about our services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Provide support for our services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our services, and promote our business.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our website and our services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Partners that may collect information on our website through cookies and other automated technologies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, WHOOP or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Opt out of marketing communications. If you have signed up to receive marketing communications from us, you may opt out of marketing-related email communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications we send you.
Cookies. Most browser settings let you delete and reject cookies placed by websites. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all functionality of our services and our services may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Services
Our services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website and services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following mailing address:
c/o Whoop, Inc.
1325 Boylston Street, Suite 401
Boston, MA 02215